Friday, November 5, 2010

Fridge Disaster

So I've always wanted stainless steel appliances, but let's face it, if I could afford those, I certainly wouldn't be living in this crummy appartment.  The local Home Depot had what seemed to be a miraculous product on hand:  Stainless Steel Appliance Paint!  YAY! 

Here is what my stained, 1970's fridge looked like before:


I used a couple of cans of this stuff:

And this is the disaster I came up with:

It looks blotchy and spray painted, not at all like the real deal...  Lesson learned:  there's a reason why those sleek stainless appliances cost a fortune, and this paint only costs $6 a can.  This fridge is so ugly that it cuts my appetite.  Fine, a total of $12 for a great diet plan...  not so bad.

2 comments:

  1. C'est vrai qu'il est très très laid ton frigo. Je me faisais justement la réflexion hier - enfin, ce matin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren at Pure Style Home used chalkboard paint when she had the same issue with the spray paint. It turned out great, you may want to consider that option.

    ReplyDelete